Boat house - Ooty Tourist spotLake 9:00 am to 6:00 pm Rs 15/ per head above 5yr 22 Tips
- Ooty Lake Entry fee Rs 15/- Adult, Rs 10/- Kids
- Still Camera fee Rs 50/-
- Video Camera fee Rs 145/-
- Pedal boat 2 seater Fees Rs 170/- Deposit Rs 170/-, Total = Rs 240/-
- Pedal boat 4 seater Fees Rs 260/- Deposit Rs 260/-, Total = Rs 520/-
- Motor boats 8 seater Fees Rs 520/- Driver Charge Rs 40/-, Total = Rs 560/-
- Motor boats 10 seater Fees Rs 640/- Driver Charge Rs 40/-, Total = Rs 680/-
- Motor boats 15 seater Fees Rs 950/- Driver Charge Rs 40/-, Total = Rs 990/-
- Row boat 3+1 seater boat Fees Rs 205/- Driver Charge Rs 45/- Deposit Rs 250/-, Total = Rs 500/-
- Row boat 5+1 seater boat Fees Rs 245/- Driver Charge Rs 45/- Deposit Rs 290/-, Total = Rs 580/-
All deposits will be refunded after the boat ride, Entry fees last updated on 11/01/2017
- Mini train especially for kids which cost Rs 25/- per head
- 7D cinema, Horror and Mirror House cost Rs 100/- per head
- Dashing car, Break-dance and Columbus cost Rs 50/- per head
Other things to do near by Ooty Lake
- Horese Ride
Ooty boat house also called as Ooty lake, 1 km distance from Ooty busstand, opened by the Tamil Nadu Tourism Development Corporation. Boating is the prime attraction at the lake. You can find other Beautiful Lakes in Ooty
The boat house offers boating facilities with Paddle boats, Row boats, and Motor boats. It also features a garden, a mini train and an amusement park. Ooty lake is an artificial lake constructed by John Sullivan, in 1824.
The water flowing down mountain streams in the Ooty valley was dammed to form the lake. The lake was originally intended to be used for fishing with ferries being used to travel across the lake. It gradually shrunk from its original size giving place to the current bus stand race course, and the lake park.
The Tamil Nadu Tourism Development Corporation on behalf of the Tourism Department took the possession of the lake in 1973, for providing boating facilities as a tourist attraction. The lake is surrounded by groves of Eucalyptus trees with a railway line running along one shore. During the summer season in May, boat races and boat pageantry are organized for two days.